“Nakiri” means vegetable knife in Japanese, and the Messermeister Kawashima Nakiri is ideal for slicing and dicing all types of vegetables. Use the straight blade to make push cuts quickly and easily. The blade of a Nakiri is thinner than the blade of a cleaver. The blade edge is also sharpened at a more acute angle than Western-style blades.
This collection was created in partnership with Japanese bladesmith Shoichi Kawashima. This knife features san mai blade construction using SG2 powdered steel. The blade boasts 64 Rockwell hardness for exceptional edge retention, with a 15-degree edge angle on each side and a “Spanish point” tip for greater utility. The handle is made from walnut-colored Pakkawood, with an eco-brass bolster.
Hand wash and dry. Made in Japan.
- 6.5-inch blade
- San mai blade construction from SG2 powdered steel
- “Spanish point” tip for greater utility
- 15-degree edge angle on each side of the blade
- 64 Rockwell hardness for exceptional edge retention
- Walnut Pakkawood handle and eco-brass bolster
- Hand wash and dry
- Made in Japan
There are no reviews yet.