This Santoku knife from the Wusthof Amici collection performs the three essential cutting tasks a Santoku is named for: slicing, dicing, and mincing. The blade of a Santoku is thinner than the blade of a chef’s knife. The blade edge is also sharpened at a more acute angle than Western-style blades. The hollow-ground indentations create air pockets to push food away from the blade as you work, making this knife ideal for slicing food that tends to stick to knife blades.
The Wusthof Amici collection was inspired by “la dolce vita”: the zest for life of the Italian countryside. Each blade is forged from German steel, hardened to 58 Rockwell, and sharpened with Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for superior blade sharpness and edge retention. Each handle has a unique wood grain, from sustainably sourced olive wood that is naturally water-repellent and antibacterial. Inspired by Italy, made in Germany.
- 7-inch blade
- Forged high carbon stainless steel blade hardened to 58 Rockwell
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for sharpness and edge retention
- Full bolster and finger guard for safety
- Sustainably sourced olive wood handle resists water and bacteria
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Germany
There are no reviews yet.