This paring knife from the Shun Kanso collection is an essential tool to handle smaller cutting tasks, such as peeling, coring, and pitting. The blade tapers to a sharp, pointed tip. Use this key piece of cutlery to trim and slice small produce, and mince fresh herbs and garlic.
The high performance blade is made from AUS10A Japanese steel. This high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel is hand-sharpened to a razor-sharp 16-degree cutting angle. The addition of vanadium makes steel harder, tougher, and more easily sharpened to a finer edge. Vanadium also increases wear resistance, so the blade stays sharper longer. The rustic Heritage finish hides scratches and looks even better as it ages. The comfortable, contoured handle is made from tagayasan wood, which is dense, durable, and traditionally used in Samurai sword handles.
Kanso refers to a Japanese design principle meaning simplicity, and this line of cutlery simply performs. Each knife in the Shun Kanso collection boasts all of the essential features that make Shun a top choice of professional chefs.
- 3.5-inch high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel blade
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle for a razor-sharp edge
- Heritage finish blade hides scratches
- Full-tang construction offers balance and strength
- Tagayasan wood handle contoured for a comfortable grip
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
There are no reviews yet.