Whether you are a skilled home cook or a professional chef, the Global Classic 7-Piece Takashi Knife Block Set provides the right cutlery. This 9-slot wood block comes with the Global Classic 3-inch Peeler Knife, 4-inch Santoku Paring Knife, 4.25-inch Utility Knife, 5.5-inch Vegetable Knife, 6.25-inch Flexible Boning Knife, 8-inch Chef’s Knife, 8.5-inch Bread Knife, Kitchen Shears, and 8.5-inch Ceramic Sharpener.
The peeler knife is ideal for peeling, paring, and chopping smaller food items. The Santoku paring knife has a flat edge for greater contact between the knife and the cutting board for more efficient mincing. The utility knife has a narrow, straight blade and sharp tip to handle detail work, along with slicing and chopping. The vegetable knife slices and dices with push cuts. The flexible boning knife easily maneuver around smaller bones in poultry and fish. The chef’s knife is an all-purpose knife that can mince herbs, dice vegetables, and slice through thick rinds and large cuts of meat. The bread knife slices through crust without compressing the loaf. The ceramic sharpener realigns knife blades between sharpenings. The kitchen shears are handy for snipping herbs and removing packaging. The block protects knife blades while safely storing cutlery.
The lightweight blades are made from CROMOVA 18 stainless steel. The blades are ice tempered and hardened for superior edge retention, with a convex edge that stays sharper longer. CROMOVA 18 stainless steel is proprietary to Global. It includes a higher percentage of carbon than Western knives for greater strength and durability. It also includes a higher percentage of chromium than Western knives for greater stain resistance. Vanadium offers durability and wear resistance, and molybdenum offers hardness and corrosion resistance. The ergonomic, stainless steel knife handles are filled with sand to ensure it is perfectly weighted and balanced. The signature dimple pattern offers a comfortable, slip-resistant grip.
The Global Classic collection has been manufactured in Japan since 1985. The original design from Komin Yamada has remained the same, thanks to its durability, quality, and unique construction.
- What’s in the box: 3-inch peeler knife, 4-inch Santoku paring knife, 4.25-inch utility knife, 5.5-inch vegetable knife, 6.25-inch flexible boning knife, 8-inch chef’s knife, 8.5-inch bread knife, kitchen shears, 8.5-inch ceramic sharpener, and 9-slot wood block
- Ice tempered and hardened CROMOVA 18 stainless steel blades for strength and durability
- Convex edge stays sharper longer
- Ergonomic, stainless steel handles filled with sand for perfect weight and balance
- Signature dimple pattern for comfortable, slip-resistant grip
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
There are no reviews yet.