This serrated utility knife from the Ferrum Estate collection combines features of both a paring knife and a chef’s knife. The narrow, straight blade has a both a fine edge to slice soft vegetables and fruits, and a serrated edge to pierce tougher exteriors.
The blade is forged from powdered metal for greater density and purity, with 61 Rockwell hardness for exceptional edge retention. The finished blade is hand-sharpened to a 16-degree cutting angle, with a convex “apple seed” edge. Because of Ferrum’s unique manufacturing process, the blade is less brittle and easier to sharpen than others of comparable hardness.
The handle is made from scraps of Pacific maple wood left over from furniture production. The egg-shaped handle profile offers a comfortable grip and greater control while cutting.
- 5-inch blade forged from powdered metal for greater density and purity
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle and convex “apple seed” edge
- 61 Rockwell hardness for exceptional edge retention
- Reclaimed Pacific maple handle, with an egg shape for comfortable grip and greater control
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in USA
There are no reviews yet.