This Santoku knife from the Shun Premier Grey collection performs the three essential cutting tasks a Santoku is named for: slicing, dicing, and mincing.
The high performance Damascus-clad blade is made from a VG-MAX steel core with 34 layers of steel on each side. The wavy pattern is formed as the blade is ground and bead-blasted from the spine to the razor-sharp edge, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree cutting angle. The blade is hand-hammered to create its distinctive look. The tsuchime finish results in hollow-ground cavities on the blade surface, which reduce drag and release food from the blade while cutting. VG-MAX stainless steel is proprietary to Shun. It includes a higher percentage of carbon for greater strength and durability. This alloy combines multiple other metals, including chromium, cobalt, vanadium, molybdenum and tungsten, to further improve wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and strength. Shun Premier knife blades are stronger, more durable, and stay sharper longer. The stylish grey PakkaWood handle is contoured to fit comfortably in your hand and finished with an embossed end cap. Resin is added to genuine hardwood to create moisture-resistant, strong, and durable PakkaWood.
The Shun Premier Grey collection features a hand-hammered tsuchime finish that evokes the traditional look of ancient Japanese knives and swords. Each knife in the Shun Premier Grey collection boasts all of the essential features that make Shun a top choice of professional chefs.
- 7-inch Damascus-clad VG-MAX steel blade for strength and durability
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle for a razor-sharp edge
- Hand-hammered tsuchime finish for distinctive look, reduced drag, and easy release of food while cutting
- Grey PakkaWood handle, contoured for comfortable fit and finished with embossed end cap
- Full-tang construction offers balance and strength
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
There are no reviews yet.