This Santoku knife from the Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature collection performs the three essential cutting tasks a Santoku is named for: slicing, dicing, and mincing. The blade of a Santoku is thinner than the blade of a chef’s knife. The blade edge is also sharpened at a more acute angle than Western-style blades. The hollow-ground indentations create air pockets to push food away from the blade as you work, making this knife ideal for slicing food that tends to stick to knife blades. The blade shape of this knife accommodates both rocking and chopping cuts.
The Twin Signature collection from Zwilling features lighter weight knives that don’t sacrifice sharpness. The high carbon blade is stamped from a single piece of proprietary special formula steel that will not stain. The ice-hardened FRIODUR blade has a 15-degree edge angle on each side for added sharpness, and 57 Rockwell hardness for excellent edge retention. The bolster offers balance and safety, and the ergonomic polypropylene handle is permanently bonded and secured with three rivets. Full tang construction provides additional balance and strength while cutting.
Each Twin Signature knife is honed and hand-finished by artisans. Made in Germany.
- 7-inch high carbon blade stamped from a single piece of solid steel
- Proprietary special formula steel will not stain
- Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade stays sharper longer
- 10-degree edge angle on each side of the blade
- 57 Rockwell hardness for excellent edge retention
- Bolster for balance and safety
- Permanently bonded, triple-riveted ergonomic polypropylene handle
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Made in Germany
There are no reviews yet.