The Kikuichi GKAD Series Kokaji Blue #2 Damascus Petty Knife combines features of both a paring knife and a chef’s knife. The narrow, straight blade and sharp tip make this knife well-suited to a variety of tasks, including paring, slicing, sectioning, and portioning.
Kikuichi bladesmithing began in the 13th century, creating Samurai swords for the Japanese emperor. Kikuichi has been making kitchen cutlery for 150 years, with the royal symbol of the chrysanthemum on all blades. The GKAD Series hails from the famed Kokajikai knife makers in Sakai. The hand-forged, nine-layer Damascus blade features a Blue #2 carbon steel core and 405 stainless steel outer layer. The blade is sharpened to 59 Rockwell hardness for excellent edge retention, and hand engraved with the Kikuichi chrysanthemum logo. The octagonal wa handle is made from Japanese Magnolia, with a water buffalo horn ferrule.
Hand wash and dry immediately. Made in Japan.
- 6-inch blade
- Hand-forged, nine-layer Damascus blade
- Blue #2 carbon steel core and 405 stainless steel outer layer
- 59 Rockwell hardness for excellent edge retention
- Octagonal wa handle made from Japanese Magnolia and water buffalo horn ferrule
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
There are no reviews yet.