This Santoku knife from the Wusthof Epicure collection performs the three essential cutting tasks a Santoku is named for: slicing, dicing, and mincing. The blade of a Santoku is thinner than the blade of a chef’s knife. The blade edge is also sharpened at a more acute angle than Western-style blades. The hollow-ground indentations create air pockets to push food away from the blade as you work, making this knife ideal for slicing food that tends to stick to knife blades.
The Wusthof Epicure collection was created with sustainable design in mind, along with extra details to enhance balance, strength, and durability. The blade is forged from X50CrMoV15 steel and sharpened with Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for superior blade sharpness and edge retention. This high-carbon stainless steel includes vanadium for durability and wear resistance, and molybdenum for hardness and corrosion resistance. The wider blade design also makes this knife more agile and easier to handle, and full tang construction offers additional balance and strength while cutting. The double-riveted knife handle is sculpted from Richlite — a composite made from recycled and sustainable wood fiber. The handle is slightly spherical for ergonomics and elegance, with a full bolster and finger guard.
- 7-inch forged high carbon stainless steel blades for hardness and durability
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) for sharpness and edge retention
- Full tang construction for balance and strength
- Full bolster and finger guard for safety
- Double-riveted wood composite handle made from sustainable and recycled fibers
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Germany
There are no reviews yet.