Begin your cutlery collection with the essentials in the Global Classic 6-Piece Knife Block Set. This 11-slot stainless steel block comes with the Global Classic 4-inch Paring Knife, 5-inch Chef’s Utility Knife, 7-inch Oriental Chef’s Knife, 8.25-inch Carving Knife, and 8.5-inch Bread Knife. The extra slots allow for expansion, including space for a sharpening steel.
The paring knife is an essential tool to handle smaller cutting tasks, such as peeling, coring, and pitting. The utility knife has a narrow, straight blade and sharp tip to handle detail work, along with slicing and chopping. The Oriental chef’s knife is a cross between a traditional chef’s knife and a nakiri, or vegetable knife. The carving knife slices large cuts of meat in a single stroke. The bread knife slices through crust without compressing the loaf. The block protects knife blades while safely storing cutlery.
The lightweight blades are made from CROMOVA 18 stainless steel. The blades are ice tempered and hardened for superior edge retention, with a convex edge that stays sharper longer. CROMOVA 18 stainless steel is proprietary to Global. It includes a higher percentage of carbon than Western knives for greater strength and durability. It also includes a higher percentage of chromium than Western knives for greater stain resistance. Vanadium offers durability and wear resistance, and molybdenum offers hardness and corrosion resistance. The ergonomic, stainless steel knife handles are filled with sand to ensure it is perfectly weighted and balanced. The signature dimple pattern offers a comfortable, slip-resistant grip.
The Global Classic collection has been manufactured in Japan since 1985. The original design from Komin Yamada has remained the same, thanks to its durability, quality, and unique construction.
- What’s in the box: 4-inch paring knife, 5-inch chef’s utility knife, 7-inch Oriental chef’s knife, 8.25-inch carving knife, 8.5-inch bread knife, and 11-slot stainless steel block
- Ice tempered and hardened CROMOVA 18 stainless steel blades for strength and durability
- Convex edge stays sharper longer
- Ergonomic, stainless steel handles filled with sand for perfect weight and balance
- Signature dimple pattern for comfortable, slip-resistant grip
- Hand wash and dry immediately after use
- Made in Japan
There are no reviews yet.